The first step is to call or contact us to see if the property you want is still available. Because of our reputation for marketing quality rental homes, our availability changes daily.
Our office hours are Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm. Saturday and Sunday are by appointment only.
If the property is still available, (and no one has put down a reservation payment to hold it), we can schedule an appointment to show it to you. Upon viewing the property, you’ll have the opportunity to complete an application if you like.
Properties are usually offered on a “First Come” basis. What this means, is that if multiple qualified applicants are interested in the same property, the first one to submit the deposit to hold the property will likely be the one approved.
What is the general process to apply to rent a home?
• Positive picture ID will be requested at the time you submit your application for processing.
• Each person over the age of 18 years who intends to reside in the property must submit a separate Rental Application.
• Each applicant usually must qualify solely and individually, unless married or a domestic partner.
• Application must be completely filled out and signed/electronically submitted.
• Applicant acknowledges and accepts that we will represent you for the property in which you are applying. In many instances, the owner may make the final decision regarding an applicant’s approval or denial, so if there are less than favorable circumstances pertaining to your credit or rental situation, please communicate that to us upfront, so we can best negotiate on your behalf.
• We make every effort to process applications within 24 – 48 hours of submission. In certain cases, processing could take several days due to any inability to contact your previous/present landlords, employers and other references you provide.
• We’ll make a reasonable attempt to contact previous and present landlord(s) submitted by Applicant; however, the ultimate responsibility for supplying this information lies with the Applicant. We reserve the right to decline an application based on our inability to contact and/or verify any references provided.
• Feel free to check on the status of your application if you have not received a response within 48 hours of submission.
• We cannot guarantee any property you have seen will be available to you by the time your application is processed. Properties are rented to the first approved applicant who submits all completed paperwork and deposits in full. A security deposit will not be accepted until the rental application is approved.
Who must complete an application and what are the requirements?
All adults age 18 and over must present photo identification and complete an application. The income requirement is usually 3 times the monthly rent. We will check your landlord and employment references to determine your ability to pay the rent on time and to take care of the property.
What if I have negative information on my credit report?
Let us know your situation up front. Usually the best time to communicate this to us is before you even go look at a property. We can discuss your situation directly with the property owner beforehand to ensure a likely approval, saving you both time and money in wasted application fees.
If you have concerns, talk to us. Let’s see how we can possibly work around your situation and get you approved.
How much is the application fee?
All applicants usually pay a $25 – $75 non-refundable fee with the application, unless the fee is waived for a particular property. Application fees must be paid prior to processing the rental application.
What do the application and reservation fees cover?
The application fee covers the processing of credit, employment, residential, and background investigations. The Rent Reservation Payment (if required) holds the property for you until your scheduled move in date at which time it is applied to the first month’s rent charge.
What if my application is denied?
If your application is denied, any payments made to hold a property will be returned to you in full. Application fees are non refundable.
When will the application and reservation fees be deposited?
The application fee will be deposited as soon as processing starts. The “Rent Reservation Payment” will usually be deposited 24-hours after notification of an approved application and becomes non-refundable at that time. We tell anyone else who maybe interested in the home that the property is now rented and we are holding it for you until your scheduled move in date.
How much is the security deposit?
The amount of the security deposit is different for each property. A security deposit equal to one month’s rent is standard in the real estate industry, but some owners maybe willing to negotiate deposits or offer special promotions to help lease the property more quickly. The security deposit is paid when you move in and must be paid with certified funds (cashier’s check or money order).
Are there any pet fees?
The pet addendum, and any related deposit or fee is negotiated on a case by case basis but usually starts at $250 per animal. Usually the pet deposit is fully refundable.
What will I owe at move in?
Because rental amounts vary for each property, we can gladly calculate move-in costs for any property you are considering. Usually the balance of one month’s rent plus the security deposit will be due at move-in.
What are the standard lease periods?
Generally our leases are for a period of 12 months, but some owners may be willing to accommodate a shorter lease. Be sure to notify us if you’re seeking a lease term shorter than 12 months.
When is the rent due?
Rent is due on the first of each month. Rent is usually considered late if paid after the 3rd or 5th day, depending on the property. A 10% late fee is usually assessed if rent is not received by the 5th day of the month. Check your lease for the exact conditions which might affect you.
What are the penalties for early termination of a lease?
If you decide to move out prior to the end of the lease term, you will usually be required to give a 60-day written notice, pay rent through that 60-day notice period, and leave the property in a clean and “rent ready” condition. The early termination fee is usually equal to one month’s rent. Because each property is different, check your lease for the exact conditions which might affect you.