Most people with a home to sell this time of year, usually wonder if it would be better to wait until after the holidays or until next Spring before putting their home on the market. Many people wrongly believe homes don’t sell during the holiday season or winter months.
In this article, I want to share 10 reasons you should put your home on the market now, instead of waiting until next year.
1. People who are out looking at homes in the months of November and December are SERIOUS buyers. These are people who most likely HAVE to move soon, either for a job transfer or relocation. If your home is not on the market during this time, you’ll miss out on these potential buyers.
2. Since thousands of people take their homes off the market during the holidays, that means less competition and more money for you!
3. Homes show better when decorated for the Holidays! Nothing will make a potential buyer feel right at home than the sight of nicely placed holiday ornaments.
4. Since thousands of people take their homes off the market during the holidays, that means all these people plan to jump back on the market starting in January. By placing your home on the market now, that means more demand for your particular type of home! More demand means more money for you!
5. Buying a home is an emotional decision for most people. Homebuyers are much more emotional during the holidays, so they are more likely to consider your price!
6. Buyers have more time to look at homes during the holidays than they normally would. Most people get extra time off from work or use up their remaining off time during the holiday season than at other times of the year.
7. Some people are in a rush to buy a home before the end of the year for tax reasons!
8. January is traditionally the month for many corporate employees to begin new jobs. Since these out-of-town buyers can’t wait until Spring to buy, you must be on the market now to capture that huge market of people!
9. By having your home on the market, you have the option to restrict showings on certain days during the holidays so you can enjoy undisturbed time with family and friends. Just talk to your agent so they handle this task for you.
10. Worried about having to pack up and move in the middle of the holidays? A good agent can negotiate a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year for you. This would still allow you to sell now, for more money instead of having to wait until next year.
11. If you must sell your current home in order to purchase your next home, you’ll love this next one. By selling now, you’ll have the opportunity to be buyer next spring who doesn’t have to make a purchase contingent on selling your current home. Sellers hate these type of buyers. You will have already sold your home and will be able to take advantage of all the great deals of the spring season. Sell high! Buy low!
With so many great reasons to move forward with selling your home, contact us today so we can help you get started. We look forward to serving you.
Have a great and safe holiday season!